The Naked Truth Nutritionist came from my interest in simple ways to create vibrant and abundant health for ourselves. I am a nutrition and wellness consultant who also owns a natural and organic product store online. I love to cook, but eating what I create is always the best part! Read More >>
Archive for November, 2011
Researching natural remedies for various health conditions can be daunting. After compiling this list of useful natural remedies for endometriosis, I thought I should share. Since endometriosis is hormone related, balancing your hormones is a key component (these remedies may help alleviate PMS symptoms along with menopause and peri-menopause symptoms as well).
In addition to natural remedies, remember to increase magnesium foods in your diet to help the muscles to relax and reduce inflammation. Magnesium rich foods are nuts, brewers yeast, grains, figs, kelp, cauliflower and broccoli. You may consider taking a supplement to further increase this essential mineral for the muscles
Increase quality oils in your diet to help reduce inflammation such as fish oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil, nuts, seeds and avocados.
- Herbs such as Paeonia, Rehmannia, Dong Quai, Bupleurum, Black Cohosh, Chamomile, Ginger may also help to addresses the dysfunctional uterine bleeding and work to regulate bleeding and balance hormone levels. These herbs are also anti-inflammatory, spasmolytic to reduce pain and spasms and also work on uterine toning
- Vitex is a female reproductive herb which has been used traditionally to balance the hormones of the female menstrual cycle. It may help to raise progesterone levels and balance estrogen levels. An increase in the hormone estrogen contributes to the thickening of the endometrial lining as well as other premenstrual symptoms such as tender breasts, heavy bleeding, fluid retention, headaches, cramps and period pain. Vitex may help to raise Progesterone levels to alleviate the symptoms of endometriosis and it also appears to slowly reverse the proliferation of endometrial tissue that underlies this condition
- Warming essential oils such as Marjoram and Clary Sage diluted in a base oil such as macadamia or sweet almond oil and rub in a clockwise direction around the navel area to decrease the pain associated with endometriosis
- Evening Primrose has high levels of Gamma linolenic acids may help to relieve the pain and inflammation associated with endometriosis
- Magnesium is an important mineral for the muscles to relieve pain and tension including PMS
- The herb Tienchi Ginseng may be beneficial to reduce the stagnation, inflammation and blood congestion to the pelvic area
- Liver herbs such as Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Burdock and Bupleurum may help to reduce symptoms of endometriosis, reduce inflammation and promote cleansing to the pelvic area