The Naked Truth Nutritionist came from my interest in simple ways to create vibrant and abundant health for ourselves. I am a nutrition and wellness consultant who also owns a natural and organic product store online. I love to cook, but eating what I create is always the best part! Read More >>
Posts Tagged ‘cleanse’
I made my Chia Prune Pudding using some left over dried plums/raisins/almonds I had reduced with wine and cinnamon and a little chocolate (it was for a dessert, you could reduce with water if you would rather). Then I made a chia pudding with rice milk and combined the stewed fruit with chia-TADA, Chia Prune Pudding and it is TO DIE FOR!
- 1/2 cup prunes and/or raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- handful of crushed almonds
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (substitute part of the almond milk for coconut milk for a creamier pudding)
- Soak the prunes/raisins in warm water for 15 minutes, or until soft.
- Then add almonds, cinnamon and cocoa powder to the prunes/raisins with soaking water.
- Whisk the chia seeds into milk of your choice and then stir into prune mixture. Let sit in the refrigerator for a couple hours (or overnight). The chia will puff up and make the pudding thick.
- Alternate option for more pudding-like consistency, add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth (no chunks).